• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Swarovski 8x25 CL-P best compact binocular? (1 Viewer)

Yes, yes, yes ! The CL is real nice. I was deciding to purchase the CL Pocket, but change my mind after I saw the spec. It's too "bulky" as a compact. I attached a photo showing Hawke Sapphire ED 8x25, Leica 8x20 & HGL 10x25. The Hawke is just little bit bigger than UV820.

Andy
The CL-P 8x25 does push the limits of size for a compact but Swarovski had to make it bigger to make more people try and use a compact. But you can still put it in your pocket and you can actually use it as a full time birding binocular. What other compact can you really say that about? The CL 8x30 fills that niche for a smaller more compact binocular with out being an all out compact and the drawbacks that go with that. It is a very sweet all-around companion binocular. Great for trips!

Last edited:
Bob,

That's correct, but if you use the SV32 in the CL bag you can't.
Then you have to close the eyecups and put the strap behind the hinge in order to get the bag closed. There is no spare room left.
It's just what the customer wants (it turns out they often want both so we give the CL bag for free).

Jan
Your correct. I prefer the regular SV bag for the SV because it does have that extra room. Really if you try either the SV or CL bag you will find they work pretty well and they are very well made. At first the CL bag seems a little big on your belt but the CL binocular itself is so light it carries quite well and if the binocular is light enough I prefer to carry the binocular on my belt. I like the little flap inside the case because I use it to seperate the strap from the binoculars. No chance of scratching. Thanks for contributing to the thread. It is always nice when a Optics dealer answers technical questions like these.

Last edited:
And the difference is...? B :)

The difference is that Jan sells not just Swarovski, but also:

Leica , Steiner , Bynolyt , Kahles , Bushnell , Eschenbach , Meopta , Docter , Vanguard , Opticron, Optolyth, etc. etc. o:)

And as a Swaro Dealer he is not alone on these pages:

"Our Swarovski rep brought a new 15x56 into the shop today and even though I look through Swaros every day, this one got a "WoW" out of me.The hills and trees across the street are covered with snow which might have exaggerated the brightness and contrast, but boy I didn't want to put them down"

Quote ProudPapa from a few days ago..

But you are right: these Swaro guys do go on about them quite a bit don't they? :smoke:

Leo

Leica , Steiner , Bynolyt , Kahles , Bushnell , Eschenbach , Meopta , Docter , Vanguard , Opticron, Optolyth, etc. etc. o:)

"Our Swarovski rep brought a new 15x56 into the shop today and even though I look through Swaros every day, this one got a "WoW" out of me.The hills and trees across the street are covered with snow which might have exaggerated the brightness and contrast, but boy I didn't want to put them down"

But you are right: these Swaro guys do go on about them quite a bit don't they? :smoke:

Leo

Don Leo,

And etc. etc. is Swift, Fujinon, Kowa, Kite, Nikon, Miyauchi, Bleeker, Hensoldt, Goerz, Huet, Voigtländer, Rodenstock, Chevalier, Ross, Cavet, Busch, Lemaire, Iris, Jumelle, Colmont, Beck, Bausch&Lomb, O.I.P., Steinheil, Seeker, Oldelft, Nedinsco and Splindler&Hoyer.
And SWAROVSKI.
Somewhere I miss a blue brand;).

Jan

Don Leo,

And etc. etc. is Swift, Fujinon, Kowa, Kite, Nikon, Miyauchi, Bleeker, Hensoldt, Goerz, Huet, Voigtländer, Rodenstock, Chevalier, Ross, Cavet, Busch, Lemaire, Iris, Jumelle, Colmont, Beck, Bausch&Lomb, O.I.P., Steinheil, Seeker, Oldelft, Nedinsco and Splindler&Hoyer.
And SWAROVSKI.

Jan

Jan

Now you are just showing off :eat: And aren't some of those brands 'vintage' binoculars only?

Lee

Don Leo,

And SWAROVSKI.

Jan

Pardon my ignorance, but some of those names sound more like alcoholic beverages than binoculars. You don't sell any double barreled Heinekens, do you?B :);)

Pardon my ignorance, but some of those names sound more like alcoholic beverages than binoculars. You don't sell any double barreled Heinekens, do you?B :);)

Well to be honost, we had last year some waterdamage (or was it beer?) from our upstairs neighbours who were growing Dutch vegetables in their livingroom:smoke::smoke:.

Every brand from Bleeker on is museum stuff, but also very well sold.
We start from 1800AC 'till 2014, but core business is every brand before Bleeker.
You can see it on the videoclip on our site.

EnjoyB :)

Jan

Don Leo,

And SWAROVSKI.

Jan
Wow. I have never even heard of some of those brands.

Leo
I would imagine the Swaro 15x56 are pretty awesome. HaHa!

Could be, but it gives me the bloat something fierce

Kevin

You could be right Kevin: I had one near Dijon last year and it was great.
A couple of weeks later, on our way back up north, I had another near Geneva and it gave me enough gas to inflate a Zeppelin :eek!:

Lee

Kevin

You could be right Kevin: I had one near Dijon last year and it was great.
A couple of weeks later, on our way back up north, I had another near Geneva and it gave me enough gas to inflate a Zeppelin :eek!:

Lee

Lee, the kids have a texting word for that: tmi. :-O

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back