• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Ticking lists (1 Viewer)

Andy Hurley

Gotta love nature!
Opus Editor
Supporter
Scotland
Hi,
when ticking lists do subspecies count as separate ticks or do they all come under the nominate species?

Thanks

For comparison its only full species that count but I also keep a note of which ssp I have seen for personal interest and also for potential splits. If you follow the UK400 taxonomy then quite a lot of subspecies are counted as full species but not all.

Thanks James,
its as I thought. I noticed the Common Gallinule/Common Moorhen split thread and I've just made my first armchair tick!

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back