• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Yorkshire Birding (26 Viewers)

Just heard that the whale that stranded on the Humber (23.9) may not have been a Fin, but a Sei. Apparently going to be featured on Look North tonight - probably just East Yorkd version.
Andy - do you know any more

Just heard that the whale that stranded on the Humber (23.9) may not have been a Fin, but a Sei. Apparently going to be featured on Look North tonight - probably just East Yorkd version.
Andy - do you know any more

An article HERE from the Yorkshire Post, Experts say they are 95% sure it's a Sei

Presumably the E Yorks report will appear on the iplayer for us landlubbers. But more importantly, where will the crane re-appear? Gripping stuff following the updates earlier. Sad, I know

Last edited:
Presumably the E Yorks will appear on the iplayer for us landlubbers. But more importantly, where will the crane re-appear? Gripping stuff following the updates earlier. Sad, I know

Looks like I was 24 hours too early at Barmston. Will it feed up or crack straight on? I thought it might drop in on Cayton Carrs/Seamer Carrs but looks like it preferred Ravenscar.

Went to Pugney's today for the Pec Sand, it was showing ridiculously well down to about 6/7 foot! got some crippling views and pics of it, Just hope the Sandhill stays put tomorrow or drops in on the head :t:

PectoralSandpiper021edited.jpg

what about this one Michael? I had it down as female Ruddy Darter but I know nothing about dragons.

If you were to send your sightings in to the Yorkshire Dragonfly website, Paul Ashton may give you a definitive ID on your pic - wouldn't like to call it from that angle!

Poor old Lawts, could have saved himself a long drive there and got it on a Yorkshire list as well.

Anyway it's going to cut inland soon.

Yes but I wouldn't have added it to my Scottish list! Had a life -v- Yorkshire dilemma today - head to the Gare for the Crane, or Notts. for the stint?

As always the life list came first. The Long-toed thread currently waiting for my terrible distant shots. Likely Little Stint with paler legs. Ah well, probably wouldn't have got the Crane.

Did any of the top listers connect with it?

I went back for seconds of the Pec. - showing a bit better than the stint.

Ah! at least you have it on your Scottish list, a certain resident of the North of Scotland is in Poland! :-O

Stuck a small selection of Pec Sand shots on Flickr, here's its Bo Derek moment.

Attachments

• IMG_2006_filtered.jpg
    IMG_2006_filtered.jpg
    86.7 KB · Views: 67
what about this one Michael? I had it down as female Ruddy Darter but I know nothing about dragons.
Hi James,
It's a female Common Darter. As mentioned by Phil the yellow stripes on the legs separate it from Ruddy. A surprisingly obvious feature on perched insects.

G

Went to Pugney's today for the Pec Sand, it was showing ridiculously well down to about 6/7 foot! got some crippling views and pics of it, Just hope the Sandhill stays put tomorrow or drops in on the head :t:

PectoralSandpiper021edited.jpg

Finally managed to get there myself on public transport. Unbelievably obliging bird, well worth it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back