• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Galapagos trip, check! (1 Viewer)

Tract_Optics

Hello all,

Just returned from what I would call a trip of a lifetime. My wife and I spent 10 days on the Galapagos Islands for our honeymoon. I'm still in awe at the beauty and the species we were able to witness first hand.

I'm going to do a write up on my experience there and post it to the forum but figured I would post a short thread here to just let the viewers of the Optics portion of BF know when it posts. Hoping to have it up in the next week or so.

Absolutely incredible experience.

Trevor
TRACT Optics

We went to Galapagos a couple of years ago and it was a better experience than I had expected. Make that "an even better" ;)

Niels

We went to Galapagos a couple of years ago and it was a better experience than I had expected. Make that "an even better" ;)

Niels

Agreed, was absolutely stunned by its atmosphere and life.

Congrats on your marriage Trevor. May God Bless you two.

Thanks JG!

Congrats, did you have time to bird ?......................

Jerry

Jerry,

Indeed. I have been fascinated by the aviary of the Galapagos for as long as I can remember. My wife and I were lucky enough to view Blue Footed Boobies in various stages from bachelor to mated (including the dance) to egg bearing and various ages of chicks. Even was lucky enough to witness the flocking fishing party and watch them dive bomb the Channel between Baltra and Santa Cruz. Nazca Boobies were also very plentiful. Finches galore as well. However, my favorite may have been the 'red balloons' of the Frigate birds. Simply left me in awe. even writing these few sentences has me energized for the report.

The Galapagos is about five or six down on the bucket list. I look forward to reading of your experience.

Phil,

Bump it up the list if you can! In speaking with our naturalist guides, the effect tourism is having on many of the islands is beginning to show. Nesting patterns have changed and numbers were declining on the visit-able islands. One guide exclaimed that the government might close off a few of the islands for a set time period to give those species a small break for the daily visitors. Nothing to be alarmed of, but they watch the populations so closely and I'm very glad they do so.

Thanks Guys!

Trevor
TRACT Optics

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back