• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

jackdaw (1 Viewer)

Hi
I seem to be getting greedy jackdaws going on the nut feeder that I put out for the bluetits etc: Is there a way of keeping them off it, dont get me wrong I like seeing the jackdaws but they are eating all the nuts and not leaving much for the other birds.

bluebell24

000_5414.JPG

You can't keep away an intelligent bird, but maybe more feeders may resolve the problem. be grateful my nuts usually go to waste :)

Jackdaws do the same here. A feeder with protection round it, like a squirrel proof one, is the best way to stop the larger birds hogging everything!

Looks like I'm going to have to go for the same sort of thing. Not too worried about the nut and seed feeders, but they really like the fat balls and six of them every day is rather a lot.

Hi Frank
I too put some fat balls out and they disappeared within a day, it was when i put the fourth ball out that i found it was the jackdaws having them, cheeky little blighters!!! :)

Hi bluebell,

If you are putting out fatballs, please, please, take them out of the green plastic netting and put them into a proper wire holder.

All the best Nigel

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back