• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Feeders from the recycle pile. (1 Viewer)

carjug

Lessee, Got the pictures from the thingy!
I like junk. I have a basket full of likely looking plastic and glass stuff that looks like it would appeal to Hummers. The first picture is a wine bottle jammed into a pill bottle with some beak-holes drilled into it. It was incredibly successful. The second picture is a peanut jar with a vitamin bottle inside, i don't know if it is quite the feeder the pill bottle is. Now I am going to reply to my own post and put up a couple more photos.

Attachments

• DSCN0930.JPG
    DSCN0930.JPG
    127.8 KB · Views: 74
  • DSCN0960.JPG
    DSCN0960.JPG
    128.2 KB · Views: 78
Here are two more, the plastic canvas in the first one is available at craft stores. Hummers love this feeder, but it has to be hung in a covered area. The second is a NOS bottlecap feeder, and it excells at feeding white-faced hornets and yellowjackets.
If I ever invest in glass-blowing or plastic fabrication equipment, just konk me over the head! These feeders are made using a sharp thumb-cutting knife, a 3/32 inch drill bit, a little bit of ingenuity, and a bunch of junk.

Attachments

• DSCN0922.JPG
    DSCN0922.JPG
    128.9 KB · Views: 60
  • DSCN0956.JPG
    DSCN0956.JPG
    127.8 KB · Views: 64
I use milk jugs and plastic juice bottles for bird feeders. I'll have to check around for something to use as a humminbird feeder.|=)|

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back