• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Which filter? (1 Viewer)

Heathy

I use a Leica apo 77 scope with a Nikon Coolpix 7600 digital camera and my results have been pretty good. However of late i have noticed that the quality of shot has got worse. I bought a HOYA filter to use with the scope to protect the lens and i wonder if this is the problem with my shots. Are there any reasonable priced quality filters that would help with my digiscoping.

Thanks

Marc Heath

Marc, toss the filter. I've never used one although I am testing the effects of a polariser at the moment but not for protecting the lens. Neil

Marc,
If you systematically pull the lens shade out each time you use the scope, it will protect your scope as well as a UV or Skylight filter.

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back