• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

My Pictures (1 Viewer)

Some very fine work here, Arthur. Tell me, why hasn't the illustration work cme your way?
For me, the standard here would easily find its place in the next Helm guide, but you might have to do the tropical stuff from skins and photos - unless they pay you to rough it out in Sulawesi or somewhere for three months! I'm sure you could accommodate that, though!

Russ

Ta All and thankyou Russ for the compliment, Maybe just because I do it for my own pleasure and with no pressure to get it done, so Im'e not really been out there looking for it.
Grand children here for half term allready , time to get away with being a big kid again.
Waxwings about all day today 50plus in the rowan tree at one time. one temperarly stunned for a bit when it flew into next doors window some lovely colour ref.shots.

Attachments

• L1230562.jpg
    L1230562.jpg
    43.4 KB · Views: 48
now this is one species that your style of working will make magic with! Looking forward to seeing some very strong work from you very soon!

Wonderful sketches with great variety of a really attractive species. Well done!

Just great drawings Arthur. As others have said you'll undoubtedly make a great painting of them. But for now I just have to appreciate these sketches.

Coincidentally we planted a crabapple almost 20 years ago in our small side yard. It's 20 feet tall now and covered with crabapples, well the ones that the marauding robins and starlings haven't already eaten. Cedar Waxwings are supposed to love them. But in 20 years I've yet to see one in it!

Crikey Mister Bishop!

Amazing sketchings of one of my all-time favourites!!!
Slap some paint on 'em Sir and let's see the Master at work again!

(14 in Bristol, UK today. Looks like a Waxwing Winter! Hoorah!!)

looked back 2 years since Waxwings where here, did a montage then.
don't know if this is strong Nick but a comp. to try . lightly drawn so not sure if it can be seen.i did increase the contrast a bit

Attachments

• L1150129.jpg
    L1150129.jpg
    63.9 KB · Views: 62
  • L1230687.jpg
    L1230687.jpg
    41.1 KB · Views: 57
This is a wonderful representation of this handsome, gregarious and friendly species, Arthur! We're fortunate to have Cedar Waxwings in plentiful numbers during the summer, and both Cedars and Bohemians on the east side of the mountains in the winter in our state. Wonderful work on this piece.

That's my bird!

Wonderful Waxwings! Just like in real life.
Love the way you've captured their "thrown shapes..."

It's all here Arthur.

If someone had never seen one and asked me what they were like I'd point them here.

Just brilliant!

Warning! This thread is more than 2 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back