• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Hawke Endurance CF 8x 42 (1 Viewer)

Hi all,
Has anybody any experience or views on these binoculars ,I'm interested in buying them ,£79.95 from £153. Any advice would be
great or Vanguard KDT 8x42 roof prism binocular for £54 normally £140.

Cheers
David

Last edited:
David,

That looks like a good discount but how good they are I'm not sure. One thing to note is that I'm pretty sure they are not phase corrected. You may know this already but a roof prism design without a phase coating will have reduced contrast. This is usual for roof pairs in this price range. You will get a chrisper view through a porro prism pair like the Nikon Action or the waterproof version Nikon Action EX. Phase coating adds to the cost. The next one up in the Hawke range, the Frontier has phase coating. The Opticron Discovery is quite good for the price if I remember rightly, or better still the Nikon Monarch, but that is normally over £200.

The strongly advise you to try a few pairs if you can before you decide.

David

Hi David, is this a shop sale? Would be nice to know where such bargains could be had. I am after a pair of 8x32 roof prisms, Barr & Stroud Sierra if I can get at a good price.

toad

Hi David, is this a shop sale? Would be nice to know where such bargains could be had. I am after a pair of 8x32 roof prisms, Barr & Stroud Sierra if I can get at a good price.

toad

Hi Toad, the Vanguard binoculars are from Scope'N' Skies where you also get the Barr & Stroud Sierra for £102 down from £170. The Hawke binoculars
are available from Uttings Outdoor Shop ,the choice is almost too good !

David

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back