• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Kowa TS-613 <--> Canon 60D (1 Viewer)

kamon

Hi to everyone. I bought an old Kowa 613. Does anyone know if you can connect a primary focus with a reflex Canon?.

If not, what options are there?

Thank you very much

Hi,

for prime focus you need a discontinued Kowa TSN PA2 adapter and a T2 to Canon EOS adapter. This will make your Kowa into a 800mm F/13.3 manual focus lens.

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/276112-REG/Kowa_TSN_PA2_SLR_35mm_OR_Digital.html

Or just get the Kowa TSN PA8 adapter which will allow you either eyepiece projection with manual focus using a T2 to Canon EOS adapter

http://tshop.r10s.com/62f/df9/eb8f/1c0e/f024/781a/7cbd/11a2e5a4db005056ae143b.png?_ex=700x700

Or you can get adventurous and try the TSN PA8 with a T2 to the filter thread of some canon EOS lens conversion ring which will be basically afocal imaging but gives you AF through your EOS lens. I use the latter way (although with an Opticron SDLv2 EP on my Kowa plus the corresponding adapter and an M43 camera).

Regards,

Joachim

The prime focus adapter ,the first option of the list provided by joachim,gives quite a long reach,but is fixed and quite dark at f/13..manually focussing your small kowa at that aperture will prove challenging..I tested it with an old 824 and a pentax dslr a few years back,amd although the image had quite good resolution,it was impossible to focus with the dim viewfinder...maybe a more modern dslr,with liveview would work better..and the same could be the case with the second option..for me right now the best option for digis would be the classic afocal way,that has proven to be very capable depending on the quality of the scope AND the ocular..a small M4/3 ,like joachim's' with AF kit lens would work good...and dont forget to check some of the phonescoping threads either¡¡¡
Regards

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back