• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Snowy Owl (1 Viewer)

davedorsey

Rehab Grunt
This snowy is just visiting for the night. It's being sent to Barrow, Alaska for release tomorrow.

Attachments

• P6070011_1.jpg
    P6070011_1.jpg
    72.4 KB · Views: 165
We don't get many. Since I've been volunteering at Bird TLC, this is the second one in almost 3 years. Fortunately both have or are being released. This one was rehabed at the Juneau Raptor Center. We are just a flight lay over for this one.

Last edited:
Why was the bird in rehab?

Personally I think they are one of the most beautiful species, but have never been lucky enough to seen one in the wild.

I'm not sure what brought it into rehab. I know it had a short stay there also. I'll find out and get back with you. They are a gorgous bird.

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back