• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

It takes 2 to Tango (1 Viewer)

bill moss

Hi folks,

Now they say 'the camera doesn't lie', but if you believe that you can knit fog. However, believe it or not, this is the actual photo (just brightened up a bit).

It still amazes me when I look at it.

Bill.

Attachments

• DS mallard 3 'formation' .jpg
    DS mallard 3 'formation' .jpg
    130.6 KB · Views: 72
bill moss said:
Hi folks,

Now they say 'the camera doesn't lie', but if you believe that you can knit fog. However, believe it or not, this is the actual photo (just brightened up a bit).

Bill.
That's brilliant Bill, when I looked at the thumbnail I thought it must be a reflection.

Bonsoir, cher Bill - just wanted to say "WOW" in response to your photo... :t:

You always WERE good at getting the birds in flight to pose for you, but this one must have taken a great deal of patience and gnashing of teeth (oops!). Hope you rewarded the ducks properly afterwards... you didn't have them for dinner afterwards, I presume (knowing how partial you are to a bit of "duck with orange")? :cool:
(aren't I the cheeky one?) o:D

Have a lovely evening - hopefully a bit warmer than over here (last night the temperature dropped to minus 10 degrees C, and it's never got to more than 0 today).

Love - Chanteuse :loveme:

What a brilliant picture. I had to look twice as well, thought it was a reflection off water at first...great! :t:

Bill,
WOW, you clever so-and-so, WHAT a picture, what fantastic Luck. Congratulations. Bet you couldn't believe your own luck when you saw that in your lens!! Well done. The mantra working in spades, eh Bill!
I'm full of admiration, and as the young people say: "Respect"! :t:
Judo.

roosmum said:
That's brilliant Bill, when I looked at the thumbnail I thought it must be a reflection.

Hi Bill and all,
That is quite some photo Bill. I thought the same as roosmum when I saw the thumbnail.

Scott

bill moss said:
Hi folks,

Bill.

Nice one, Bill ;)

I`ve never heard the expression about being able to knit fog before, but I like it and will make every attempt to incorporate it into conversation!

Hi Bill,

Now that looks as though it's from the Torvill & Dean Balero ice skating routine if you ask me. A great picture and amazing choreography!!!! ;)

Love, Sue

Hi Bill Super pic wish it was mine, one question are they actually as near to touching as the pic shows or is this forshortening of two birds actualy flying a parallel course. Either it is a prize winner in any competition.
Good Picture Mate PeterK

Hi Bill, what a photo, that's a chance in a million shot. :t: By the way the expression around here is 'plaiting fog' rather than 'knitting fog', we seem to 'knit spaghetti'. Obviously differences in the nature of the fog you get and that we get in Yorkshire (o)<

Hi folks,

Nice to see that you're all as amazed as I am, I wouldn't have believed that flying Ducks got that close to touching.

Despite what Linda may think (no I KNOW that you don't really), I 've got no magic method of getting birds to pose for me, I just point the camera and bang off lots of shots, and hope. This was pure luck. In fact it's not a very good shot of the birds and but for the position it would have been scrapped.

I can't recall whether these were staggered as Peter suggests, one would assume so but looking at the photo I can't work out which would be the nearer. By size (perspective) the top one looks smaller but the left wingtip appears to be this side of the lower one's tip, which suggests that the upper bird is nearer than the lower, but it can't be by much judging from the right wingtips. I have to think that they were almost vertically placed.

Can't hope for anything as spectacular again but you never know, watch this space.

Bill.

Hi Bill Yes I think your right they do look more vertical, aerobatics of this quality would make the Red Arrows green with envy.

Yours Peter

Renee Redstart said:
The Avatar, Ant. Been meaning to ask. Is it a false leg or what?

Hi renee,
sorry for not getting back to you earlyer.

the aviator is made from 28 seperate images, stuck together in a animation creation program. It was created on the computer.

ant

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back