• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Kirkby,Frampton ,Freiston (1 Viewer)

paulsullivan

Hi, went to Kirkby moor on the 27th and saw two sparrowhawks,Kestrel,Green woodpecker,lesser whitethroat,blackcap and a reed warbler eating a red admiral-nearly got a pic of this but was noticed just before i pressed the shutter; oh well. The interesting thing was that on the way back i popped into Kirkby pits and saw that Temmincks stint had been noted in the hide log for the 26th, but didn't see one myself and was wondering if anyone else has seen one yet.

Next day off to Frampton to see the Montys. Saw the female and two marsh harriers and also heard a quail in the field behind.

Today didn't have much time but managed a quick look round Freiston shore(Temmincks stint, Temmincks stint, i keep hearing in the back of my mind)
,pleased to see a male Montys, also 7 little egrets and common sand ,no Temmincks though B :)
Paul

The Monty's were enjoyable.

I can empathise over the Stint. I ahd a similar expereince with Purple Sandpiper in January

Warning! This thread is more than 20 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back