• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Great - Tailed Grackle (1 Viewer)

I have alot of grackles & starlings in my yard. And everytime you move & get up, they fly away, they are away's so scard. My doves just sit there. Well today I notice a female Great- tailed Grackle. She was in my yard all day, & I could get so cliose to her, and she didn't fly away, I was shocked!
Well later in the afternoon, she was still in my yard, I got so close to her, she let me pet her head, & I wanted to put her back in my backyard, becuase she ended up in the front. I picked her up, & took her in the back and she was dying. She seemed fine one minute & near death the next. I stayed with her until she passed, :-C I was very upset.
I had a parakeet that dyed from this pooping sickness. I don't know what it's called but their pooped gets stuck on their rear, and if it's real bad they dye from it. My cockatiel she started to get it but I caught it just in time, gave her medicine, & she' s all better! That Great - tailed Grackle died from that! I was shocked an outside bird had that!
The pet store told me that my cockateil had it because she must be eating to much crackers & stuff like that! My parakeet never ate nothing but birdseed & he died from it. I throw out cookies, cheetos, bread, crackers, ect. To my birds sometimes. Do you think I could of caused that with my Grackle that dyed?

Warning! This thread is more than 20 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back