• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

European Tree Sparrow! (1 Viewer)

Finally! I caught a ETS through my binocs here in St. Louis! Not only did I see one, I found where he nests so I can further take pictures and study them. I'm thrilled to have added 25 new lifers to my list last weekend, including Dickcissels, parulas, 4 different vireos, 9 different warblers, egrets, etc. I'm really excited.

Take care,

Chris Hagenlocher

Congratulations Chris,

I look forward to seeing your photos of them - all being well. It will be nice to compare them with our natives.

Hi Chris, congrtulations on finding these neat looking birds. I think St Louis and around Missouri in general is the best place too see these 'foreigners', I think that's the location of the first releases. Be interesting to hear where else the birds are in the U.S. I've heard of them being seen in Illinois. I can't help thinking the U.S. population is probably larger than the U.K. population of these birds :(

E.t.s

Andy Bright said:
I've heard of them being seen in Illinois.:(

Mr. Bright,

They have been seen in Illinois as well as St. Louis, because they fly across the river to escape the competition of House Sparrows. My tree sparrows are isolated in a dense park, outside of the city, because Housies as I call them have won the competition for food. I'm taking regular pics of them soon, and maybe I can scan them onto the computer. Thanks-

chris

Lovely little birds. I saw a 10 day old one last Saturday just after it had been rung. It such a cute little chappie.

Warning! This thread is more than 20 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back