• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Mozilla problem with home page (1 Viewer)

devon.birder

I have been using Mozilla as my browser with no problem for at least ten years. Suddenly however when I open the browser instead of showing my home page it shows the last page I had open before I closed the browser down. If I had two or more pages open it will open all the pages in separate tabs. If I close the computer and reopen it it makes no difference, the last pages that I looked at will reopen.
I have tried downloading the browser again, I have tried restoring the default setting under Tools. I have tried other sites as my home page. Despite under Tools it says "When Firefox starts show my home page" it ignores this instruction and instead obviously it is "Show my windows and tabs from last time" that the browser is doing.
Unless I can stop this happening I will uninstall Mozilla and start using Chrome as my browser of choice. I use Windows 7.
I just wondered whether anybody else has experienced this problem recently. Roger

Have you found the Mozilla Forum, Roger? Which browser is it - Firefox... PaleMoon? They'll probably be able to tell you what's going on.

I haven't had the problem as I do want it to re-start where I was at before, by opening all the tabs I had open;)

I used to have Google Chrome as a back up browser but disliked it and didn't even bother to download it again onto my new laptop. IE is there, of course, but I only use it very rarely as a double-check sometimes, I wouldn't use it as the main one and it doesn't appear to re-start with the previous open tabs (unless I'm missing something). Pale Moon suits me fine.

Hi Delia It is Mozilla Firefox. Thanks for giving me the Mozilla Forum link, I will post my problem there.
Our Scottish holiday is all booked for the whole of May, just need to book the ferry to and from The Uists. Regards Roger

Our Scottish holiday is all booked for the whole of May, just need to book the ferry to and from The Uists. Regards Roger

Have you got room in your suitcase for another?;)

You are certainly not the only one to have experienced this behaviour. I've found suggestions you might want to try on the firefox support pages.

These sound as if they're worth trying out. I hope you find a way of fixing this problem,

Andrea

Many thanks Andrea. I have had a look at the firefox support pages and will give their advice a try. Let's hope I don't cause any more problems for myself. Regards Roger

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back