• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

RFI Abisko September (1 Viewer)

Arbu

I'd like to hike the northern part of the Kungsleden some day. I'm torn between doing it in late June (birding is presumably best, 24 hour sunlight is nice but ground is probably very wet) and September (nice autumnal colours, possibility of northern lights, but birding maybe a bit sparse). There are no potential lifers for me except for Snowy Owl which I'm sure is unlikely at either time. Great Snipe, Pygmy Owl and Siberian Tit would all be really good to see though as I've never had good views of any of these before.

So would September be a write-off so far as birding goes, or should I still consider it? I could just go next week if I decide to do it.

Thanks.

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back