• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Adapter to use with Meopta S2 82mm? (1 Viewer)

eyrawn

Hello everyone,

This is a spotting scope that I am looking at. I might get it.

Does anyone know if there is a Digital Camera Adapter to use the the 30-60x eyepiece? With adapter I mean for a Point-and-shoot camera.
I saw that you can request custom dimensions for the popular Digidapter. Maybe anyone has tried that for another scope?

Thank you all in advance,
Aron

Don't think meopta has one for S2, only the meopix for iPhone 4,5 and Galaxy S4,

You could probably use something like this very simple solution, but you might have to add an inner tube to fit.

http://www.eagleoptics.com/digital-camera-adapters/zeiss/zeiss-digiscoping-adapter

Here are some data on eyepiece diameters, from Meoptas site, to compare:

SPOTTING SCOPES (MEOPIX® EYECUP SIZE IN BLUE)
43.5 mm Meopta® MeoStar S1
48 mm Meopta® MeoStar S2 HD / Cabela’s EURO HD / Vortex DiamondBack
55.5 mm Vortex Razor HD / Nikon ED Field Scope
56.6 mm Zeiss DiaScope 65 T (15x-45x), DiaScope 85 T (20x-60x)
57 mm Leica Televid APO 65 & 82 / Nikon ProStaff 5
59.5 mm Swarovski Modular ATM/SMT
60.2 mm Zeiss DiaScope 65 T (15x-56x), DiaScope 85 T (20x-75x)

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back