• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

bird in garden last saturday (1 Viewer)

malcolm raper

Hi,I live in cambridgeshire UK
The bird attached was in my garden for a while and later returned long enough to take a distant digital show - hence a bit grainy
I have never seen this - it looked Jay sized and behaved likewise
as well foraging in the pear and conifer trees

Attachments

• Picture 004.jpg
    Picture 004.jpg
    79.6 KB · Views: 161
  • Picture 005.jpg
    Picture 005.jpg
    81.5 KB · Views: 150
Last edited:
Hi Malcolm,
I wouldn't have had a clue what this was,except I remembered a thread about similar birds in an Essex garden on BF a while back.Having checked that up,I can say that this is a White-throated Laughingthrush,an Asian species kept in captivity.
Harry

Hi Malcolm,

A warm welcome to BirdForum from all the Admin and Moderators. I hope you enjoy your time with us - everyone here is friendly and helpful.

As you can see any queries are answered quickly!

As Harry says you are not the first to have one of these in the garden - see this thread.

Thanks for bringing that thread up Robin - was a great read.

Hey guys do we have a secret set of breeding White-throated Laughingthrush in Eastern England. Is this the new Ring Necked Parakeet?

I'd like to know who buys these birds in the first place and why they are allowed to be brought into this country?

Warning! This thread is more than 20 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back