• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Photoshop elements activations policy (1 Viewer)

02pepe47

Anyone else fallen foul of the "2 activations" limit remotely imposed by Adobe.
I properly purchased & have used my current "Photoshop Elements 9" edition of the software for around 3 years , it's been my editing workhorse installed to my Desktop PC & laptop & has proved more than adequately suited for my particular needs.
Because my Desktop PC is now old and problematic I've recently upgraded to a new machine, but having loaded my "Photoshop" software to the new model am now receiving remotely activated messages that I will now have to pay for this reactivation because I've exceeded the "2 activation" limit.
This seems totally unreasonable to me, as I purchased this for use on two devices so nothing really alters as my old machine becomes scrapped.
If I really do have replace my software, its a total nonsense that renders perfectly serviceable software unusable as I will certainly not bow down to "online extortion".

Pepe

You need to deactivate Elements on the old computer, Adobe then allows you to reinstall on the next (if Adobe isn't aware of the non-use on previous machine, they impose the restriction you are finding).

Thanks for the info Jos, just a little more data transfer from old to new then I can decommission the old PC, but do I presume that I will have to uninstall the software from my old machine?

Pepe

The real problem with Adobe's policy is when your old machine simply DIES (mobo craps out or HD dies). In such a situation you don't have the ability to "uninstall" it. Had this happen to me with Photoshop and had to call Adobe and argue with them.

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back