• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Redditch,Worcs (1 Viewer)

Walk around Arrow valley Lake this morning ...freezing on east side ...brilliant and warm on westside.
Not a lot about though....
Loads of G.C.Grebe
2 Heron
5 Cormorant
Tree Creeper in trees between car park and the Duck feeding area.

Attachments

• Canon 2017  NOV 25 060 A_filtered.jpg
    Canon 2017 NOV 25 060 A_filtered.jpg
    166.6 KB · Views: 114
  • Canon 2017  NOV 25 063 A_filtered.jpg
    Canon 2017 NOV 25 063 A_filtered.jpg
    362.2 KB · Views: 98
I must have the wrong pool but is it the little one alongside Alders Drive....didnt think it had a car park ?

That's Ipsley Alders, the Worcs Trust reserve. Ipsley (Mill) Pool is downstream from Arrow Valley Lake accessed off... a road whose name escapes me 😣

Found Ipsley Lake. ...Redditch is worse than Milton Keynes...lol

No Woodpecker but had a Kingfisher fly quite high over the trees where the LSW had been across the Arrow and off I think north......
The real surprise was at least 12 Turtles basking on logs....large and a few little ones....must be breeding !!!!
Are they classed as vermin ?.

Finally found a way to get some small sized pics from camera to here....lol

The Tribe.....

Attachments

• ABCDEFGH.jpg
    ABCDEFGH.jpg
    136.2 KB · Views: 67
No Woodpecker but had a Kingfisher fly quite high over the trees where the LSW had been across the Arrow and off I think north......
The real surprise was at least 12 Turtles basking on logs....large and a few little ones....must be breeding !!!!
Are they classed as vermin ?.

I haven't seen a Kingfisher at the pool for quite some months, and the turtles seem to thriving.

Box Moth

Found this Box Moth some 5 weeks ago Apx 25TH September in Oakenshaw Redditch.

Attachments

• Box Moth.jpg
    Box Moth.jpg
    602.5 KB · Views: 26
Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back