• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

How to Unclog Epson Print Heads (1 Viewer)

Another top tip from the PC Guru Andrew R.

I can just imagine what the outcome would be if I took my printer to bits....a trip to PC World for a new one ;)

John.

I would not advise anyone to use those instructons. I have now destroyed my (clogged) printer and in the process have discovered that the instructions are inadequate/poor. Basically the removal of the side clips is tricky, and the instructions do not explain in detail how to do it. Having done it, I now know what to do. But too late. I would advise you to remove the link.

Leif

Sorry to hear that, Leif. The instructions are generic, and probably assume some experience and/or a service manual for the correct printer model is at hand.

Epson printer service manuals don't seem to be too hard to find if you needed to check details for your particular model. I just downloaded the 440/640/740 service manual (because it looks a similar model to the one in the article repaired them years before I'd seen that page) from http://www.eserviceinfo.com/browse.php?id=22 and it does contain reasonably comprehensive disassembly/reassembly instructions (200+pp.).

Which model is it and which clips caused you problems?

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back