• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Eggs (1 Viewer)

joshiewashie

Hi
I was recently wondering around the countryside in Devon, Totnes, UK.
I came across 3 white eggs with red dots.
I have looked on the internet but they said it could be a White Breasted Nuthatch, but they live in N. America
I could do with some help???

Attachments

• 1 Eggs.jpg
    1 Eggs.jpg
    18.8 KB · Views: 136
Best try and keep away from the nest - apart from maybe reducing the amount of food the adults are bringing to their young you could be unknowingly drawing attention of the nests location to predators

Strangely enough i saw a robin come out of it????????
Whats that all about and I use my camera lens (600mm) and stay well away, so i don't disturb it

First of all: If you use a 600 mm lens then you must climb in a tall tree to make this photo! And that, near the nest, is disturbing for breeding birds.
Second: Don´t tell fairy tales here, they aren´t appreciated!
The exif of this image (if you know what this is):
Camera: EOS600D
Shutter speed: 1/400 s
ISO: 1600
Lens: 300 mm

Any questions!?

hi josh

looking at your picture again the two eggs to the right are darker than the one to the
left its the one to the left that has thrown me as this one is paler in colour but still
possible for a robins, there back ground colour is not strictly dark as for a robins but
in this case i would say a robins yes please be careful if and when you are at this
site has robins like a lot of small birds could easily dessert there nest it can only take
a small thing to do this and if you love birds it will upset you but more than that it
will be a brood needlessly lost.

First of all: If you use a 600 mm lens then you must climb in a tall tree to make this photo! And that, near the nest, is disturbing for breeding birds.
Second: Don´t tell fairy tales here, they aren´t appreciated!
The exif of this image (if you know what this is):
Camera: EOS600D
Shutter speed: 1/400 s
ISO: 1600
Lens: 300 mm

Any questions!?

Nice one.......

Sorry if im wrong as im new on here, but aren't pics of eggs n nest baned for a reason :eek!:

Thought that too, but someone of the forum staff corrected me: This ban does concern only photos in the gallery. Here in the ID subforum you may upload how many you want.

A instance which I never will understand!

Then this section is a target for egg thieves (sorry if you are genuine joshiewashie just expressing a concern i have) They will comes on here needing help to identified an egg to try an establish if its rare or not??? And then we help them????? Pics of eggs n nest should be band across the site, as a new member i am disappointed to see this is allowed at all.

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back