• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Illegial Macaw Trading happening in Brazil (1 Viewer)

Well, this happens all over the world... especially in Brazil though, where macaws and parakeets (plus numerous other birds) are traded and sold in Brazil for hundreds of dollars by illegial birdcatchers.
It is very sad to see the poor birds walking around on the ground with no place to perch. I knew it was bad, but not this bad! They are in a cage literally on the cement floor with no protection. I wonder how the poor things sleep at night.
Hasn´t anyone come up with a campaign to stop this yet?!
Here is a picture I took from a couple in someone´s yard:

Attachments

• Ara macao.JPG
    Ara macao.JPG
    894.7 KB · Views: 36
Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back