• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Ever feel you're the one being watched..? lol (1 Viewer)

Never mind birds but I get funny looks when am walking in my local patch or on the bus to a birding sight. Its as if people have never seen folk carrying binoculars before.
I know the feeling, Ive been on the front porch with my binoculars and have gotten a few funny looks..haha!

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

That's an evil look.

All Owls like a stare.............

All the best

Paul

Attachments

• Reduced - Hawk Owl 45.jpg
    Reduced - Hawk Owl 45.jpg
    141.6 KB · Views: 126
  • 106 Tengmalm's Owl (adult) (reduced).jpg
    106 Tengmalm's Owl (adult) (reduced).jpg
    476.8 KB · Views: 110
  • Little Owl (reduced).jpg
    Little Owl (reduced).jpg
    893.6 KB · Views: 95
  • Long-eared Owl (reduced).jpg
    Long-eared Owl (reduced).jpg
    834.8 KB · Views: 93
  • Pallid Scops Owl (reduced).jpg
    Pallid Scops Owl (reduced).jpg
    435.5 KB · Views: 94
Last edited:
0dc932073946a59e0c2d8c81e17a71c3.jpg

Cracking shot of the Hawk Owl Paul!

Cheers
Mike

Mike

Many thanks. It was a twitch of a bird in Sibelius Park, Helsinki after I had dipped with Finnature the previous spring. My favourite photos of it were not staring (so off topic) but creeping down a branch in a very feline fashion attracted to some prey beneath the snow at the foot of the tree. Photos attached below. I have connected with breeding birds since on a subsequent Finnature trip. Heavily cropped photo attached.

All the best

Paul

Attachments

• Reduced - Creeping Hawk Owl 1.JPG
    Reduced - Creeping Hawk Owl 1.JPG
    318.1 KB · Views: 98
  • Reduced - Creeping Hawk Owl 2.JPG
    Reduced - Creeping Hawk Owl 2.JPG
    319.3 KB · Views: 75
  • Reduced - Creeping Hawk Owl 3.JPG
    Reduced - Creeping Hawk Owl 3.JPG
    300.9 KB · Views: 81
  • Reduced - Creeping Hawk Owl 4.JPG
    Reduced - Creeping Hawk Owl 4.JPG
    455.1 KB · Views: 82
  • Hawk Owl arriving with food.jpg
    Hawk Owl arriving with food.jpg
    350.6 KB · Views: 96
Mike

Many thanks. It was a twitch of a bird in Sibelius Park, Helsinki after I had dipped with Finnature the previous spring. My favourite photos of it were not staring (so off topic) but creeping down a branch in a very feline fashion attracted to some prey beneath the snow at the foot of the tree. Photos attached below. I have connected with breeding birds since on a subsequent Finnature trip. Heavily cropped photo attached.

All the best

Paul
I love these pictures!!

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Me too Hawk Owl has long been on my bucket list, but now I know it stalks like a cat ...
More great shots Paul!

Cheers
Mike

Only just saw this thread. What a great idea and great bunch of offerings! I've already put a version of this in the Gallery, but here's a Moorhen which does seem to be saying "Who do you think you're looking at?".

Attachments

• Moorhen.JPG
    Moorhen.JPG
    421.8 KB · Views: 105
Only just saw this thread. What a great idea and great bunch of offerings! I've already put a version of this in the Gallery, but here's a Moorhen which does seem to be saying "Who do you think you're looking at?".

They're just born that way........ Attitude issues.

All the best

Paul

Attachments

• Moorhen Chick Facing Camera.jpg
    Moorhen Chick Facing Camera.jpg
    667 KB · Views: 98
Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back