• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

red mason bee ireland (1 Viewer)

apcdave

hi all - birds are more my subject but hoping you guys can help - I have small dark looking bees nesting in the old brickwork of my house - it's about 50 years old and the bricks and mortar a bit crumbly - the wall is south facing and when sunny there can be up to 10 or so buzzing about - small holes with what appears to be fresh mud lining the hole - are red mason bees common in N Ireland? many thanks dave

Try also trying to get a photograph of them and let the National Biodiversity Data Centre down in Waterford know, they've got a lot of bee-related initiatives in action across Ireland at the moment and would be most pleased to hear of new sites.

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back