• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Please identify this bird (1 Viewer)

Lard

Please identify this bird...

SO LOUD !

recorded using a tandy pzm mike on the landing with my bathroom window open (mike about 12 feet away from window.
background noise mostly eliminated with skillful use of Wavelab....

Attachments

• loud_bird.zip
    49.9 KB · Views: 251
Seb_Seb is that coaltit/goldcrest a hybrid?

I'm sticking with the loud chimey great tit, we'll until someone tells me the correct bird that is :)

When I download the file it comes as loud_bird.zip.php
is that correct? How do you open a .php file? All I get is a link to a site called 'photoparade'.
EditAh, I've deleted the .php extension and unzipped it and suddenly got an mp3 file!
In my view it's a great tit which has been recorded in such a way that the lower notes have not registered. But I'm notoriously bad at aural identification!
:scribe:

Last edited:
Sounds like your a netscape user, I find the best way is to right click on the attachment as select 'Save Link Target As' you should then get the file in the correct format '.zip' in this case.

jeff said:
Sounds like your a netscape user, I find the best way is to right click on the attachment as select 'Save Link Target As' you should then get the file in the correct format '.zip' in this case.

You're quite correct. I use Netscape. I got there in the end!

thank you all.

now...how can I nicely scare it away.
(it's woken me up every morning at about 6am for the last 3 weeks and I've had enough)

How about sticking a big plastic hawk or summink in the tree ?

6 a.m. is a great time to go birding, before everyone gets out and disturbs the birds. (Although that may be less true in London?) So why not make the most of it?:t:

It reminds me of the time when, years ago, my mother woke me at 5a.m. because she'd heard a cuckoo. I was somewhat miffed.
'But I thought you'd be pleased!' she said.;)

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 21 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back