• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

county birding 16/03/03 (1 Viewer)

my birding day, wow sunday 16th march 2003, just another day in my home county started not too bad with a Siskin across the town centre as I was investing in a hangover cure for the wife but then things went pear shaped with a dip on great grey shrike, but it got better. Adult female Golden Eagle being mobbed by a Common Buzzard and then a Raven, from here a short drive gave us a male Hen Harrier and a chance meeting with a fellow county birder who pointed us in the direction of a pair of prospecting Peregrine Falcons although we only saw the male we also saw an early pair of (northern) Wheatears, from here head for home only for a Goshawk to fly across the bows as we headed through a small valley, what a day. Good stuff all round. to protect the birds I have'nt said where but if you know me you know where

happy birding

Nice one Richard. Hard luck for the GGS but when you’ve got Golden Eagle and Peregrine you ain’t too badly off! (Goshawk’s not bad either).

Richard

I would have loved to have been tailing you. I have never seen a Golden Eagle in England and my sightings of Goshawk in Britain are not that many. Add to this the Hen Harrier, Peregrine, Buzzard and Wheatear and you can rightfully say that this was a dream day.

to all who read and enjoy: I forgot to mention the dozen or more Common Buzzards hundreds of displaying Siskins and plenty of Crossbills as well. I might have another look for the Great Grey Shrike, I don't usually do winter shrikes cause they are SO hard to track down, give me one during a north east wet gale in October

Warning! This thread is more than 21 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back