• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Baby magpie (1 Viewer)

Snowbird14

A couple of weeks ago, a baby magpie fell from it's nest early. After reading this forum and seeing that both parents were still around, I left him alone. For about a week he was doing fine, then one morning I found him immobile on the lawn.

I brought him inside and force fed him some cat food. Now he's doing great.. learning to fly in fact.

I've noticed that he has a lots of bugs on him. They're about the size of a fly, brown in colour and run around under his feathers. I've managed to flick a couple off him, but it's like they're magnetically attached and they just jump straight back on. They don't seem to bother him. What are they?

Hi , I rescued a Magpie which flew into our kitchen once , wrapping the bird in an old coat , the coat was crawling with parasites. From my limited knowlege I am aware that birds have parasites which are alleviated via bird baths/dust baths.
Sorry I can,t be more specific in terms of naming particular parasite species!
Adam

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back