• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Greetings from Norway (1 Viewer)

I should think it's about time to get out of hibernation! Living in Norway definately has it's advantages, but the winter is long for a field sketcher. Here in Oslo, the avian signs of spring are still very scarce, although I guess the blackbirds I saw this morning might be new arrivals. The kestrel in this post is a 2nd cy bird i photographed almost ten years ago. I took the liberty of making him into a fully grown adult, which he should be by now!

Attachments

• tårnfalk.jpg
    tårnfalk.jpg
    455.2 KB · Views: 139
I should think it's about time to get out of hibernation! Living in Norway definately has it's advantages, but the winter is long for a field sketcher. Here in Oslo, the avian signs of spring are still very scarce, although I guess the blackbirds I saw this morning might be new arrivals. The kestrel in this post is a 2nd cy bird i photographed almost ten years ago. I took the liberty of making him into a fully grown adult, which he should be by now!

Very nice Oivind, good to see you stirring, a very dapper male Kestrel. Been a long winter here in Sweden too, with a sting in the tail, currently sub zero and very cold at night. I expect there are another couple of weeks to go yet with regard to the current cold spell, before the first days of warm weather bring the initial push of early migrants. Very much looking forward to it this time around...

Just a small sign of life from Norway: This piece is a combination of watercolour and drypoint printing. I found the printing technique quite fun to work with - might give it another shot.

Attachments

• Havørn.jpg
    Havørn.jpg
    646.6 KB · Views: 73
Just a small sign of life from Norway: This piece is a combination of watercolour and drypoint printing. I found the printing technique quite fun to work with - might give it another shot.

Nice to see you and your work again Oivind. I was about to ask if you had a press in order to print this when I decided to first visit your blog where everything was explained for me. I also like the Great Black-backs on your site.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back