• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Wootton Art 2012 (1 Viewer)

Ta - Rod and I share a birthday (and no, it's not the same fecking year, Mr Derry!!! ;) ) . . . . a study sheet made from some crappy videos and some memory images in readiness for another coloured piece of paper.

Attachments

• waxsketches (640x392).jpg
    waxsketches (640x392).jpg
    164.1 KB · Views: 84
Great sketch!

Tim, that is my nemesis bird! I am hoping one drops down into Missouri for a visit this winter, but the odds look pretty slim. I may just have to be content with your artistic representation of this elusive (for me) bird!

Just fecking marvelous. Not sure what that word means but you use it when you are really excited about something so I borrowed it too

Id stick a frame around that and throw it on my wall as it stands :t: Hopefully a few of those beauties will make there way inland soon

Another beautiful sheet.

When we planted a crabapple in our yard almost 20 years ago we hoped to get feeding flocks of birds in the fall/winter for the fruit. Finally now we can count on American Robins. But never yet have we seen a single Waxwing!! It should be perfect for them, though I suspect the missing ingredient maybe the lack of nearby water. I always seem to see them near water. In fact they had a lot to do with getting me started in birding. I was being skunked on a week long flyfishing trip. I would see the trout rise but I would never see them go for my flies. But there were these colorful birds flying about as a flock. That was my intro to waxwings. And eventually I gave up fishing for birding.

Just in case Mr Modesty forgets, I'm here to name and shame. Our Mr Wootton has not only gone and won yet another award this year, but is also now a full member of the SWLA. I'll let him give the details, but I just wanted to be first in the queue for the celebratory drinks.
:clap:B :):clap:B :):clap::clap:

Found this on the SWLA website:

"The winners of prizes and awards at the show were: Tim Wootton (Birdwatch Artist of the Year Award in association with Swarovski Optic); ... ..."

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back