• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

First official picture (1 Viewer)

paula

After dozens of tries with inate subjects I dared, on a nice day!) venture out into my homemade hide and take pictures of the real live subjects that do not know the rules of posing patiently.
This is the result......Would apriciate very much members comments on it........good and bad!
It is a bit high in kb......but did not want to loose too much by jpeg ing it even more.
D60
100-400@400
1/500 f.5.6
Partial metering
Mode AV

Attachments

• greenfinch sharpened logc.jpg
    greenfinch sharpened logc.jpg
    52.2 KB · Views: 404
Last edited:
Not bad as logs go , but there appears to be a bird sat on it, should of got rid of it first, ruins the shot for me.

Very good picture Paula. The detail on the log and the bird is great. How far where you from the Finch when you grabbed the shot?

Paula

Excellent shot of log!. Do you photograph all the logs you burn?.
I suppose you could also photo bottles of wine and put them in an album with your comments on drinkability!.
The Greenfinch is also excellent, It looks frozen in time, but thats what a photo is!.
I hope the humour translates!
Well done!.

Paula, that is a stunning photo. Looks like you're not going to have any trouble with that camera. This bird looks like he was very cooperative for you. Nice job and such a pretty bird too!

Great shot Paula a very underated bird, caught in the sunlight they look fantastic. Caught the yellow tail and wing feathers well.

An excellent shot Paula, one that I would be very pleased with myself. It has a lovely range of colours and the focus is spot on. It's a very crisp and colourful photo.

The only criticism that could be made is that the bill is slightly underexposed making it a bit on the bright side rather than showing it's colour, but that is a minor thing considering the excellence of the rest of the shot.

Paula, what an awesome photo! The new camera must be everything you've dreamed of. And just think, you'll just get better and better the more you work with it. Pretty soon you'll be showing us "Nigel level" shots! Great job.
Alicia

Excellent shot Paula. I haven't been able to capture a Greenfinch as good as this yet so I am a tad bit envious. You have made a superb start. keep it up. I, for one, will be interested to see how the next lot come out.

Nice one Paula, and tahnks for getting me going on this photo thingy. I took it a couple of weeks back using my CP4500 and my scope. I cant remember the exact settings but the light wasn't terrific. I have jpeg'd it as it is a varey big file. A pity I chopped the tail off though (bad composition really).

Incidently, I arrived home this morning and parked beside my neighbours car. Literally two feet away from me and totally unphased by me and my vehicle, was a chaffinch doing battle with itself in her wing mirror. This went on for a few minutes, great fun to watch but alas no camera. (Ouch, can you here me kicking myself?) Would have been a great entry for the reflections competion, sigh.......

Mike

Attachments

• bsf.jpg
    bsf.jpg
    18.1 KB · Views: 392
Paula & Mike,
Both excellent photos - now that spring is here, I must get out and try to get some pix myself.

Tony

Great pics. Gonna see what I can do at the weekend (between rugby matches).

Frightened of the competition? Don't be! Blurred black blobs in the bottom left-hand corner? They'll be mine. I must be the only wannabe wildlife photographer that includes hammer and nails in his photo kitbag; well, how else are you gonna keep 'em still?

Lez

I thought it was a very good picture,in particular it looked exactly like a Greenfinch looks,as opposed to some pics (with or without artistic input) where there can be confusion over the I.D.

Excellent in every aspect, Paula. Very nice diffused background with everything else razor sharp.
The camera + lens seems to be worth every penny.
Andy

Paula if that is the first one you post then God help the rest of us!!! You should be justly proud. The picture is a stunning achievement.

Warning! This thread is more than 21 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back