• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Swarovski Sacrilege? (1 Viewer)

Rodgerbiltit

Swarovski EL 8.5x42 SV with modified FP occular rain guard, "Bill Oddie" shortened strap and "ageing" of the graphic. There's nothing quite like a good "Rodgering"!
Purchased these second-hand unexpectedly recently after they'd had minimal usage.
My first venture into Swarovski - and I'm liking it so far!

Attachments

• 01.JPG
    01.JPG
    295 KB · Views: 317
  • 02.jpg
    02.jpg
    203 KB · Views: 300
Enjoy in good health. These are one of the best binoculars available.

Those mods are very special,;) and the rainguard is better than stock.

I hope you like a short strap.

Jerry

Roger

I don't think those binos will be securely supported by just the ends of the neck strap especially if you walk about with one hand resting on the binos so you can be quick on the draw.

Lee

I hope you like a short strap.

Jerry

Jerry, I've found the short strap to be very suitable, especially when bending/climbing under/over obstacles. They just seem to sit close and high up on my chest

I don't think those binos will be securely supported by just the ends of the neck strap especially if you walk about with one hand resting on the binos so you can be quick on the draw.

Lee

Lee, the straps are folded over, double and sewn-through and I have no doubt as to their security - I think that I'd destroy the binocular attachment point before the strap-mount, if it were to experience a short/sharp stress.
The only problem with this setup, is that should I need to remove the strap, I have to do it with a quick-unpick!
As for hands resting on the binos, the short straps enable me to get the bins to my eyes marginally quicker and I tend to find that if anything I tend to hold them up and a little away from my chest, if holding them at all.

Rodger

Further Sacrilege

This is where I ended up after being unsuccessful with acquiring Nikon 8x32 EDG II's.
Leica strap suits it nicely don't you think? I certainly "de-clutters" things...

Attachments

• 8x32SV1.jpg
    8x32SV1.jpg
    153.2 KB · Views: 68
  • 8x32SV2.jpg
    8x32SV2.jpg
    159.4 KB · Views: 65
Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back