• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Tice's Meadow and Tongham GP, Surrey (1 Viewer)

Gents,

Bugger all here as yet. More coffee shops (5) on camp than bird sp. Currently - Crested Lark, Laughing Dove, Tree Sparrow and Crowned Sandgrouse. I am on leave 13-26 Apr. Anyone fancy a Friday up in North Norfolk - possibly 20th?

Rich

Gents,

Bugger all here as yet. More coffee shops (5) on camp than bird sp. Currently - Crested Lark, Laughing Dove, Tree Sparrow and Crowned Sandgrouse. I am on leave 13-26 Apr. Anyone fancy a Friday up in North Norfolk - possibly 20th?

Rich
Rich ,
Good to hear from you , not much to report this side of the world ,Tices iced over and snow still laying 200 + canada s 4 snipe in meadow green sand in stream with water rail.Would you be able to make Norfolk 19th as i m over Forest Green from 20th to 26th.

Rich ,
Good to hear from you , not much to report this side of the world ,Tices iced over and snow still laying 200 + canada s 4 snipe in meadow green sand in stream with water rail.Would you be able to make Norfolk 19th as i m over Forest Green from 20th to 26th.

Rich,

19th it is then - it will be good to see green again.;)

Rich

How the day can change , very little this morning then 1130am a visit to the bank found a Sandling along the frozen edge of meadow water and old silt pond good veiws seem s to be hanging aroud with lapwing as they get spooked its up with them , then into same scope 2 water pipits apear, also little egret .

Couple of great finds Rich, first winter record of Sanderling I think, perhaps Kev can confirm??

Cheers,

John.

No sign of the Sanderling or Water Pipits today, Little Egret along the river, 3 Snipe & 20+ Lapwing on the meadow, 4 Bullfinch, & 13 Siskin.

John.

Couple of great finds Rich, first winter record of Sanderling I think, perhaps Kev can confirm??

Cheers,

John.

Yes the first winter record. Previous records have been in May and in August.

(Only 17 Sanderling have been recorded guring February in Surrey between the years 1900 and 2000.)

Kevin.

Curlew flew over at 10 30 am 56 Snipe in meadow 178 Lapwing 14 Sky Lark 1 Little Egret 6 Meadow Pipit 1 Buzzard. Over night snow 75 mm -3 c.

A very icy Tices this morning, 123 Lapwing, 51 Snipe, (at least mostly on the meadow with a few along the river), 1 Meadow Pipit, Water Rail, Little Egret, Bullfinch, Goldcrest, 30+ Fieldfare, 7+ Redwing, & Stock Dove.

John.

Roll on the spring. Can't wait for Norfolk. Tices days out are the best. Be safe Rich see you soon.

Dave

looking forward to it. Start at Wayland Wood for Golden Pheasant (never missed them there), off then to Cley for a walk around the reserve for migrants. Finish off at Titchwell? Will be nice to see Green!

I'd love to, Sean, but alas I am otherwise occupied...

Pretty decent couple of hours at Tice's this morning, although nothing outstanding. 41 Lapwing, c. 80 Black-headed Gulls, 3 Herring Gulls, 2 LBB Gulls and c.4 Common Gulls almost all went skyward at noon, although I wasn't able to spot the culprit. 1 Buzzard, 1 Sparrowhawk and 1 Kestrel all seen earlier in the morning though. At least 4 Skylark in the meadow, with at least one singing at any one time. 10 Teal and 4 Shoveler. A fox roaming about the workings, and a Roe Deer asleep on one of the islands. 1 each of Bullfinch and Stock Dove, and a handful of Siskin.

Matt.

Dave

looking forward to it. Start at Wayland Wood for Golden Pheasant (never missed them there), off then to Cley for a walk around the reserve for migrants. Finish off at Titchwell? Will be nice to see Green!

Rich
Already looking forward to a perfect Norfolk birding trip when you return and else where.
Keep well and safe mate.
Rich.

Sean have you got a spare seat for Wales tomorrow ? I would love to come along.

Yes, I have a space. But I won't be going if its not seen today (no sign so far), so it could be a moot point.

That would certainly be more convenient for me, as some of the others that have expressed an interest live in awkward places.

We'll see what happens.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back