• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Battery grip 7D mkii (1 Viewer)

stevo

Hi all.

Has anyone tried an aftermarket battery grip for the above,if so your thoughts on makes performance etc would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Steve.

I use the OEM grip.

I have tried both OEM and 3rd party grips on other, older, Canon bodies and was never happy with any of them.

The Canon Grip for the 7D2 is actually worth buying as it forms a reasonably rigid joint with the camera body - not perfect but better than others that I have tried. Additionally it doesn't randomly discharge batteries just for fun.

I haven't tried the aftermarket ones for the 7D2 - but Canon have done a decent job with their version.

Steve,
I got one at Christmas - MCOplus is the make. Very happy with it so far. Seems solid, buttons all work and no battery drainage so far.

Good luck

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back