• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Durham Birding (3 Viewers)

Already signed :t:

I know. Thanks. :t:
Hopeing others who don't go on DBC forum will sign it.
I am sure JBee will sign it.
ps. JBee I really like your site and pictures your a great photographer! Especially your Water Rail. By the way I am that guy who carried Steve Evans scope when I went to see the Wryneck and when I said something to you I must have been speaking fast and you didn't undersntad a word I said. ha ha :-O
Just so you know who I am. If you didn't. I was with Spuggy (David K)

By the way I am that guy who carried Steve Evans scope when I went to see the Wryneck and when I said something to you I must have been speaking fast and you didn't undersntad a word I said. ha ha :-O
Just so you know who I am. If you didn't. I was with Spuggy (David K)
I'm trying to forget who you are NOT remember ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) :t:
Off to sign thingy ma jig now

Hi JBee
Thanks for bringing me down to earth after the past few days, as you rightly said I did join in the laughter and joking which actually added to my days birding that day, I realise that you did not mean any offence.
It is that from Monday I have had a right SH!!!Y week and combined with my embarrassment more than anything else I blew things out of proportion.
I therefore feel that I must redeem myself for the replies that I have posted against any member that I may have mentioned.
Once again hope to meet up sometime in the near future, and I promise that I will come laiden with every reference book I can carry next time

Forget the reference books - bring sugar seemed to be the gist Den ;)

Ungrateful buggers lol.

Barmston pond this afternoon, 7 shoveller, 2 ruddy duck, 3 dabchick, 1 heron, 12 greylags on smaller pond as well as the usual gulls coots etc.

Teesdale

A drive up to Eggleston this morn saw 3 Common Buzzards, lots of red grouse and people preparing to shoot them. 2 Ravens, 1 Red Kite - all over Millstone Rigg on Egglestone Common - Buzzards and Ravens were interacting and Buzzard caught somthing on the ground. Woodcock flew over.
Back to Kinninvie another Red Kite flying over Langleydale Moor back towards Blackton - saw a group of birders setting off for a Red Kite Walk - think they were going in opposite direction to where I saw them.
A quick call in to Low Barns - brief glimpse of water rail, kingfisher, jay. Flocks of Long Tailed Tits, and 2 Bullfinch - and plenty of Sea Trout moving up river.

Rainton Meadows - Saturday 11th
Flock of around 50 golden plover few around main lake - a group of about 8 thought about landing on the island a couple of times but resisted.
Small flock of 15 snipe circled the lake for a good five minutes.
Thank you to the little pixies who work during the night turning over the ground in front of the hide - the snipe love the earthworms in the sods of earth.

Attachments

• snipe-00144.jpg
    snipe-00144.jpg
    91.6 KB · Views: 86
  • snipe-00143.jpg
    snipe-00143.jpg
    109.7 KB · Views: 83
  • golden_plover-00069.jpg
    golden_plover-00069.jpg
    70.3 KB · Views: 94
  • snipe-00128.jpg
    snipe-00128.jpg
    146.5 KB · Views: 79
  • snipe-00115.jpg
    snipe-00115.jpg
    158.3 KB · Views: 77
Last edited:
Barmston pond this afternoon, 7 shoveller, 2 ruddy duck, 3 dabchick, 1 heron, 12 greylags on smaller pond as well as the usual gulls coots etc.

Phil, good to meet you again this afternoon at Barmston Pond, your not going to believe what I saw after I left you, no not that Goldcrest we joked about but a probable Yellow-browed Warbler!!
I was walking back along the northern boundary when I heard a bird calling which at first made me think Chiffchaff but was sufficiently different to make me stop and have a look, I could also hear Long-tailed Tit's about so hung around until something came into view, first a Great Tit then a five second view of a warbler which I immediately could see had a pale supercilium and obvious pale wing-bar, definately not Chiffchaff or Willow Warbler.
I waited a while for another view but it vanished into the foliage, it was one of those did I just see what I thought I did see moments.
I saw the Y-b W that was up at Cresswell recently but that bird did'nt call but having listened to the call on the Dutchbirding website I am 99% sure it was a Yellow-browed Warbler.
What were we saying about being in the right place at the right time! Looks like my plans for tomorrow have changed!

Rainton Meadows
Small flock of 15 snipe circled the lake for a good five minutes.
Thank you to the little pixies who work during the night turning over the ground in front of the hide - the snipe love the earthworms in the sods of earth.

they mustnt have any gnomes to go to.......

Checked with CW, new high Snipe count for Pool 2 - 68 this morning (63 in air & 5 static).
Also pr Gadwall, 1Wigeon, 10Teal, femPintail, 10Shoveller etc

Phil, good to meet you again this afternoon at Barmston Pond, your not going to believe what I saw after I left you, no not that Goldcrest we joked about !

Hi neil, was just about to pedal home when i thought, no i'll stick around for a bit, pleased i did as i did manage to get a 5 second glimpse of a goldcrest in the bushes where that bloke's tent is, then my phone rang and i lost it. Will probably have another look one day after work this week. Hopefully might get to see the probable YBW and longer views of a goldcrest.:t:

Hello to the 2 men with the large cameras who were at RM's this afternoon.

Birds of note :
1 barnacle goose
1 fem. wigeon
1 jay
quite a few snipe . couldn't count them all

Hello to the 2 men with the large cameras who were at RM's this afternoon.

Birds of note :
1 barnacle goose
1 fem. wigeon
1 jay
quite a few snipe . couldn't count them all
I wish you had introduced yourself - always nice to put faces to names.
I presume you are the lady with the lumix camera???
The good looking bloke on your left was me - Jaybee whilst the really ugly fellow on your right was scuzz.

Hi neil, was just about to pedal home when i thought, no i'll stick around for a bit, pleased i did as i did manage to get a 5 second glimpse of a goldcrest

Well done Phil, bang goes the theory that two heads are better than one, we saw more after we split up! :-O

I wish you had introduced yourself - always nice to put faces to names.
I presume you are the lady with the lumix camera???
The good looking bloke on your left was me - Jaybee whilst the really ugly fellow on your right was scuzz.

I agree with the first line, not sure about the 2nd ??? and as far as the 3rd goes, If you're trying to upset me, so I don't ask for any more of your coffee -- YOU'VE FAILED B :)B :)B :) :-O:-O.

A few from today.

Attachments

• _MG_7488.jpg
    _MG_7488.jpg
    130 KB · Views: 99
  • _MG_7520.jpg
    _MG_7520.jpg
    113.1 KB · Views: 91
  • _MG_7538.jpg
    _MG_7538.jpg
    134.2 KB · Views: 96
  • _MG_7593.jpg
    _MG_7593.jpg
    147 KB · Views: 92
  • _MG_7633.jpg
    _MG_7633.jpg
    172 KB · Views: 97
Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back