• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Monitor Calibration: White Point & Gamma Values (1 Viewer)

Brightness again

I am still trying to figure out if the brightness levels on this newly calibrated screen are correct or not and would value a little help, if possible, please.

Attached is an image which looks fine on my new screen but far too light on my old (uncalibrated) screen. I'd appreciate feedback as to how it looks on other people's (calibrated) monitors, please?

Thanks
Hobbes
P.S. It's not a great image - just chosen because of the highlights/lighting it possesses.

Attachments

• P1320557_edited-2.jpg
    P1320557_edited-2.jpg
    366.1 KB · Views: 154
Hi hobbes, re your pics:
I think you could work with either of the pipit takes but think that the after take is probably about right.

The Godwits look fine to me brightness wise although in post the first thing I would do would be to tone down the water highlights which distract from the birds.

Hi hobbes, re your pics:
I think you could work with either of the pipit takes but think that the after take is probably about right.

The Godwits look fine to me brightness wise although in post the first thing I would do would be to tone down the water highlights which distract from the birds.

Hi Roy
Thank you for helping out (and it's a relief that the Godwits look ok for light/dark balance). Much appreciated and I take your point re: the highlights on the water;).
All the best
Hobbes

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back