• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

looking for a Lumix DSLR (1 Viewer)

ammadoux

Registered doux
Hello my friends

my current Olympus E620 is acting a bit funny with me now, so i am thinking of replacing it. the first body to think about is the Olympus E5 but i did not like it very bulky size, also it is much expensive.

thought i look for a Lumix DSLR, i already have the Olympus EPL1 so i don't want the mirrorless ones, i really need a body with optical view finder, but in both amazon and B&H gave me in the search results all the micro four third models.

so i wonder does that mean there is no DSLR form Panasonic Lumix.

and if there is one, i know they do not have in body image stabilization, i mainly want this body to work with the Bigma, which do not have also IS, i only use this bulky lens on a tripod so dose not having a IS in both the body and the lens is bad thing.

thanks for the help

Hello my friends

my current Olympus E620 is acting a bit funny with me now, so i am thinking of replacing it. the first body to think about is the Olympus E5 but i did not like it very bulky size, also it is much expensive.

thought i look for a Lumix DSLR, i already have the Olympus EPL1 so i don't want the mirrorless ones, i really need a body with optical view finder, but in both amazon and B&H gave me in the search results all the micro four third models.

so i wonder does that mean there is no DSLR form Panasonic Lumix.

and if there is one, i know they do not have in body image stabilization, i mainly want this body to work with the Bigma, which do not have also IS, i only use this bulky lens on a tripod so dose not having a IS in both the body and the lens is bad thing.

thanks for the help

Hi Doux
Looking at the Panasoinic.co.uk website's products, it looks as though they haven't gone into the DSLR market. They've concentrated on the m4/3.

Have you thought about the Sony SLT-A55. It's one I looked at briefly because it's small/light and has in body stabilisation? I don't know about the rest of the spec though (re: speed of focus etc).

I know what it's like trying to find cameras that are small/light enough for us ladies to use comfortably. Hopefully someone will have some good info ;)
All the best
Hobbes

Not since the DMC-L10 of 2007 which was reportedly using some common parts with the E-510. Unlike its predecessor I don't think that Leica sold an enhanced version so it was probably not an economic success, hence the lack of current Panasonic slrs.
It was about that time when I was in a London photo dealers and someone came in asking about Panasonic cameras only to be told to try the domestic appliance shop down the road....

Hi Dulce,

I presume that you want to use the same lens you used with the e-620... To be more specific: tell us which are the lenses used by you?

thanks all for the reply, yes Chritian i want it to be used mainly with the Sigma 50-500mm and also the Zuiko 50mm macro.

the Sigma gave me super results with the mirrorless EPL1 but only on MF the AF is very slow, MF is also very difficult with live view and the electronic view finder.

looks like i am going to go for the E 600, but the thing is that i did not find a site that sales body only.

I believe that the only current version for the "old" four/thirds format would be the olympus cam. Anything else you probably need to think second hand. Take a look at the lineup here, and notice the dates for each of the models

Niels

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back