• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Itunes and Ipod (1 Viewer)

Peter Ericsson

I have used Ipod 4 for a couple of years now. Very handy thing indeed.

My main problem is that my many bird song files don't line up in alphabetic order.
I have renamed all the files but the program still seem to read the 'old embedded' names. I have renamed then in Itunes but still when I import the files to my Ipod they won't reline with the alphabet but simply add themselves to the end of the folder.

I also have a problem with files duplicating themselves. Very irritating to saw the least!

Any advice is appreciated or I will soon have to switch to Samsung and a different platform.

Peter

If you put them in a playlist and sort the playlist by name on the pc, does that help?
Used to do the trick for me.

Putting them in a playlist should definitely work - I've done that for audiobooks where for some reason the original order gets messed up.

As for duplicates that's a known ITunes problem. There was a discussion about that not long ago on this forum.

Andrea

The above may be a solution. If you have many thousands of duplicates then spending money on a 'DUPLICATE CLEANER' is the solution. For a small library with only a few hundred dupes it's easy enough to delete one by one.

For those of a nervous disposition DO NOT do as one or two people advise on 'YOU TUBE' - you will delete your entire library!

There is a vid on 'YouTube' where a young guy does a decent job of explaining how 'TUNE SWEEPER' works.

Duplicates are the bain of many subscribers to iTunes but they refuse to address the problem.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back