• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Canon SX40 and Picasa 3 on Linux Mint 14 Enigma (1 Viewer)

Wildmoreway

As some of you may know I had to have my first Canon SX40 Bridge Camrareplaced, the new one is fine but when I download files from it to my PC (downloading via card reader and drag folder to PC), my machine freezes when I start Picasa, and will not run properly until I remove the folder containing the pictures from the SX40 after which Picasa and the machine run without problem. Any ideas?

The files from the camera are JPGs.

Have you thought about letting picasa do the download for you? Not that I know much about picasa, but I have seen others do that.

how much free space does your drive have?

Niels

Have you tried copying the files to a newly formatted card or to a NEW folder on your desktop? Check that the card has no Windows software on it. Perhaps your machine is trying to run that software in wine and locking up.

Pete

p.s. I have mint 14 on this laptop, if your still getting issues send me the files (some not all) and I'll see if I get the same issues.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back