• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Vortex Stokes DLS vs Leupold Golden Ring (1 Viewer)

I am sure that the Stokes are good binos. But, the only reviews that I've seen on them have been given by the importer. It would make more sense to me to have an unbiased third party review them. I am sure that if this article were written by a Leuold employee the Gold Rings would have come out on top.

ranburr

ranburr said:
I am sure that the Stokes are good binos. But, the only reviews that I've seen on them have been given by the importer. It would make more sense to me to have an unbiased third party review them. I am sure that if this article were written by a Leuold employee the Gold Rings would have come out on top. ranburr

I'm not sure I see the point of your criticism. Mike has given the Stokes an overall grade of about B or B-, and has nowhere claimed they equal high-end bins. The review is far more useful than all the speculation offered so far on this forum. Obviously others are welcome to compare the DLS and the Golden Rings to other bins.

I'm at a point where I realize that all reviews .... wether personal or professional .... mean as much as I want them to . Grades and preferences are highly personal .... one's passion is another's poison . In the midst of 'reviews' .....I look beyond the opinion and get to the facts which I can understand and have meaning to me .

There never be a perfect binocular ...... even if I could make my very own out of thin air . . . I would eventually want it changed. Everything changes .. . . . new materials .... new ideas . . new wants . . and new aversions . I'm just goin' with the flow .

- Good Day, Garth

DLS Stokes review

ranburr said:
I am sure that the Stokes are good binos. But, the only reviews that I've seen on them have been given by the importer. It would make more sense to me to have an unbiased third party review them. I am sure that if this article were written by a Leuold employee the Gold Rings would have come out on top.

ranburr

Maybe this will or maybe this won't qualify as an "unbiased third party review", but it wasn't written by the "importer". Enjoy!

http://www.optics4birding.com/RevVortexStokesDLS.aspx

Jason

mcdomik said:
Yep...that's me out there just towing the party line again!

Mike McDowell
www.birddigiscoping.com

It looks like a thoughtful and useful review to me. Mike makes detailed statements that are easily verified by others and he seems to have retained his critical faculties.

I'm not so keen on the 'lite' style of the Optics4Birding review.

Leif

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back