• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Opticron HR 60 (1 Viewer)

grumps

Hi, a new member after lurking and enjoying the posts.

My scope is nearly as old as me - the old HR 60 with fixed 22x eyepiece. As its Imperial I can't get eyepieces but having read the threads and chatted with Opticron I am led to believe the zoom eyepieces will fit. Fairly expensive these zoom thingies.

My question is - have any of you similar oldies gone down this route and what are your thoughts? Can't really afford to upgrade so £140 for a lens seems good if the combination works.

Thanks in anticipation,

Hugh

(aka to grandkids as grumps)

I bought an HDF zoom for my Mighty Midget II, this later went on an ES80ED scope..I then bought an SDL zoom..the HDF went back on the MM II.
I needed an adaptor to do this which Opticron supplied at no charge - both zooms work very nicely on the cheaper scope.
One thing that sits gather dust though is an Opticron 2x adapter, it sits over an eyepiece (various tubes available to fit)...horridly tiny dark image.

Thanks for the reply Chris. Tried a zoom on my scope and didn't really like the limited view. Compared it to expensive scopes and zooms and realised I would have to spend a lot for something I would be happy with.

By chance today saw and bought a second hand 30x which fits my old scope. Am pleased with this and am now looking for a 45x in imperial - long wait I would think.

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back