• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

A few from today - Merseyside UK (1 Viewer)

DamianP

This goose is confusing me - it has the white base to the bill of a white-fronted goose but lacks the white stripe down the side.

Also is this a male or female reed bunting?

And is there any way of telling what this blob is!?

Thanks in advance, Damian.

Attachments

• goose.jpg
    goose.jpg
    254.4 KB · Views: 90
  • rb.jpg
    rb.jpg
    220.2 KB · Views: 107
  • blob.jpg
    blob.jpg
    140.3 KB · Views: 142
Thanks for the replies. I'm chuffed with the stonechat - I thought it was a whinchat through the binoculars but I get better resolution with the camera and zooming in! To be honest I thought it was going to be too far away to ID - I'm going to start photographing every speck on the horizon from now on!

I've not seen a stonechat in St Helens before. These were seen around Eccleston Mere btw.

Stonechat will be fairly regular around Eccleston Mere as it's not that far from the Frodsham area. It's a bit early for Whinchat as they are one of the later sprin migrants around the northwest.

Chris

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back