• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Raptor ID Alentejo coast, Portugal (1 Viewer)

Coati

Yo Vi Quetzales!
Seen at Zambujeiera Do Mar, was hovering

pic a bit small as it was a fairdistance away; one of 3 raptors seen in ten minutes!!

Ta
rICH

Attachments

• _MG_9629.jpg
    _MG_9629.jpg
    102.8 KB · Views: 143
OK thanks, not bad after 10 mins after arriving!
Also saw large raptor - probably buzzard and medium sized brown one - didnt have camera for those but this area looking promising

Rich

Cool bird! A few more of these in place of Chiffchaffs, Dunnocks and Meadow Pipits would be very welcome in the ID forum?

Graham

Last edited:
Now why didn't I see those when I was in Portugal... maybe the red wine had something to do with it;)

It never fails to impress me how people can id birds within seemingly seconds - whilst I can take ages rooting through guidebooks and still not quite get the right answer.:-O

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back