• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

those jays (1 Viewer)

rose taylor

Afternoon all.
I was standing at the bathroom window. It's the only place I can see all of the garden. I saw a jay come to the birdtable with a monkey nut in it's beak. He dropped that monkey nut and took another one. Sale or return I suppose, cheeky boy!
And
I've built myself a little stream to run into the pond. I'm very pleased with it because it's doing the thing I wanted which was make music as water tumbled in to the pond. I also hoped that the birds would use it to bathe in. This afternoon I was not dissapointed. I saw a little blue tit having a whale of a time getting wet all over.
happy days
Rose.

You've described a nice little scene there Rose. I wish I had Jays. It would be nice to have a pond too, but I think my garden is a bit too small.

Well done with the stream Rose. I hope the Blue Tit is followed by many more bathers. They do make a lovely scene when they're having a good old bath. I considered trying to run a stream into my pond, but the position is such that I can't get a long enough run into it to make worthwhile.

Baz.

Morning Roy and Baz.
my pond is on the patio and only about 4x4feet. The stream is probably only about 2' long, I lifted a patio slab to make a bit of a fall. It's not perfect, when the pump stops the water runs out. It's supposed to lay in pools, but as I don't want to turn the pump off it's not a problem.
Bad news though. I had one golfish left from after the winter and yesterday I went into the garden just in time to see a seagull steal it from the pond.
Rose.

Hi Lady,

You couldn;t know it but you are nudging me; I've been thinking about putting in a little stream somewhere in the garden, or at least some kind of running water feature. Shall have to give it some more serious thought.

Nice to see Jays in the garden, I only seem to get them in the Autumn (Fall, Lydia) when the food-hoarding is under way.

Bill

It sounds lovely Rose. One of my favourite sounds has to be water, whether its rain pouring down in a steady stream,tumbling over rocks, or lapping onto the shore....aaaah..bliss. I hope you get many hours of pleasure from it.
Oh! and lucky you with the Jay:t:

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back