• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Nikon Attachment FSA-L1 (1 Viewer)

nabesna

This is my first post. Has anyone had any experience with Nikon Fieldscope SLR Attachment FSA-L1. Would appreciate info you can share. Thank You

nabesna said:
This is my first post. Has anyone had any experience with Nikon Fieldscope SLR Attachment FSA-L1. Would appreciate info you can share. Thank You

Welcome to Birdforum nabesna. I have the FSA-L1 and use it with my Nikon d 70 and nikon ed78. If I am to be honest I have been a little disappointed with the FSA-1. The whole set up is a little cumbersome and needs a good sturdy tripod. You need good light to achieve decent pictures. The aperture is fixed at f11 and you have to manually focus with the scope. Minute differences in moving the focus wheel make a big difference. A few times I have thought I had good pics only to be disappointed later. You also have to find your subject by looking through the camera, tighten the rig on the tripod and then fire. With patience and practice you can get some decent images that would be out of range of most normal lenses. To be honest I have been more impressed with images friends have taken through a more conventional digiscoping set up

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back