• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

LCD Sunshade? (1 Viewer)

Kalispera

I have the infamous Leica Digilux 2 camera and have been scouring websites looking for a LCD sunshade, the LCD monitor measures 2.75", that is by measuring across the monitor.
I've been on the Eagle Eye and Resolve websites, but the largest shade on their sites probably won't be big enough for the Leica, and saying that, there is very little room around the LCD monitor to fit a sunshade.

Help would be appreciated. :C

Kalispera said:
I have the infamous Leica Digilux 2 camera and have been scouring websites looking for a LCD sunshade, the LCD monitor measures 2.75", that is by measuring across the monitor.
I've been on the Eagle Eye and Resolve websites, but the largest shade on their sites probably won't be big enough for the Leica, and saying that, there is very little room around the LCD monitor to fit a sunshade.

Help would be appreciated. :C

Have a look at 7dayshop website, I bought a bellows type screen shade from them that was for a 2.5" screen, they may possibly have larger sizes. There is also a clip-in magnifier lens to go with it.

Hope this is some help.

John

Probably too late but, Kaiser do a pop-up shade also like Delkin, but only up to 2.5 inches, I think.

I bought a Delkin one for my Fuji F30 but had to return it because the clear plastic sheet which supposedly protects the lcd screen acted like a mirror, so totally negating the effect of the pop-up shade altogether, and also the anti-reflective surface on the F30's lcd screen....ridiculous really, for 20 quid.

So, I plumped for the Kaiser one instead. It isn't a stick-on, but attaches by one of 3 included adapters to your camera's tripod thread via a tripod screw(also incuded). It does not click shut like the Delkin shade, and is also height adjustable...not too bad really, and much better than my heath robinson, meccano efforts at making one. Also, £4 cheaper, incl. postage, from (in UK):

www.morrisphoto.co.uk

(click on Kaiser, then Pop-up LCD Shades.....postage is £2.95)

I once attached a second-hand(£15) waist-level-finder(WLF) from an Exakta SLR camera over the lcd screen(1.5 inches) of a Nikon Coolpix 4500 and it worked fine The collapsible WLF even has a little magnifier built-in. I'm sure that for bigger screens, a hunt around for these collapsible WLFs from larger SLRs or even better TLRs(and they usually were detachable) would make ideal LCD hoods. Old tech. being used on new tech.,.......sort of comforting in a way.

Regards

Steve

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back