• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Which cabel release do Finepix users use? (1 Viewer)

NaturePete said:
I've just ordered a Finepix F30 and was wondering what cable release set up other users found the most successful?

I use the SRB one. You can order it at http://www.srb-griturn.com/

I used to use the Eagle-eye one. It isn't as well made and the thread where you attach the cable wore out within a couple of months. Jessops also make one.

Hi
Pete

I use a combination of the Srb and the eagleye adaptor as both have their merits. Iuse the base and upright of the eagleeye and the screw arm to hold the cable of the SRB as this allows a far more positive grip.......I lost the cable release on holiday due to the poor fit of the eagleeye.

I also purchased the cable itself from here
http://www.7dayshop.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=777_1&products_id=8455

I can recommend this as it is black in colour and very flexible

Sleeper said:
Hi
Pete

I use a combination of the Srb and the eagleye adaptor as both have their merits. Iuse the base and upright of the eagleeye and the screw arm to hold the cable of the SRB as this allows a far more positive grip.......I lost the cable release on holiday due to the poor fit of the eagleeye.

I lost the screw arm of the first Eagle Eye one and had to buy an entire new unit (they wouldn't replace just the arm)..........and on the replacement the thread wore out.

stuprice68 said:
I lost the screw arm of the first Eagle Eye one and had to buy an entire new unit (they wouldn't replace just the arm)..........and on the replacement the thread wore out.
Yes the fit on the eagleeye seems poor. I sent the whole of mine back and although they did agree to swap it it was incinuated that I was to blame and it took several weeks and a number of phone calls.

Sleeper said:
Yes the fit on the eagleeye seems poor. I sent the whole of mine back and although they did agree to swap it it was incinuated that I was to blame and it took several weeks and a number of phone calls.

You too? I remember the snort of derision the woman on the phone gave me when I asked for the replacement of the arm (for free) which had fallen off and been lost through (I believe) shoddy design. After several years of polite simpering customer service in Japan it got my back up. They didn't replace the arm though.

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back