• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

AGW and rising sea levels (4 Viewers)

But you need to understand something, Ed...and sorry for the length here, I imagine Fugl will have out his dictionary to find a typo or dangling modifier.

Fugl is 100% right (horrors) about DJT shooting his mouth off, but his response is not predicated on your thinking or for your reasons. Much like Obama, it's inherent in Fug's progressive belief system to actually think we are the cause for much of the world's chaos, ie. that we bring this evil upon ourselves.
One can't sit in a typical university these days without listening to a tenured professor drone on about the U.S. being imperialist, fascist or racist. "We" are our own worst enemy.
Conversely, it's why Fugl attacked me here for my words on Obama.
I used that dreaded work "eloquence" or "melanin" juxtaposed "African American" or "Black American." To a liberal that's the third rail of dialogue. NOT ALLOWED, especially from a white guy--UNLESS he's an elite Progressive.
Joe Biden said Obama (was the) “first mainstream African-American who is articulate and bright and clean and a nice-looking guy.” lol...Are you f*&*&^ kidding me? Clean!? How can't something be more racist! Alas, pervert Joe gets a free pass. I digress.

Trump's biggest problems are his mouth and his ego. Obama proved that one can be pretty aloof and thrive in the White House, the guy showed up every day at 10:30 am, unlike Bush who started each morning at 5:00.
Most knew that DJT was a blowhard when they elected him, and while the media have pounded relentlessly, his support has not waned to the extent the media hopes you will believe. Believe them at your peril. And I used similar words prior to election day to the hilarity of Fugl and others.

In the big picture, I don't care either way; and I've stated this before. My personal hope with DJT has always been the long game, the SCOTUS. And in that, Trump has proven to be an ally. Hopefully that will continue with another strict constitutionalist pick, either for Kennedy or Ginsburg; much to the chagrin and wailing of progressive haters.

Hope this clarifies things for you Ed. It sure does for me. . .. ;)

Joe Biden a "pervert"? Really? What kind exactly, a pedophile?
Oh, damn, I did it again, I picked a nit! Just can't help myself sometimes!

Last edited:
Hope this clarifies things for you Ed. It sure does for me. . .. ;)

Joe Biden a "pervert"? Really? What kind exactly, a pedophile?
Oh, damn, I did it again, I picked a nit! Just can't help myself sometimes!
Ahhh, dancing right on cue.

Yes, It should clarify 100% perfectly.

And gee, no google in your world, Fugs?
I meant p e r v e r t. Pedophile? One can decide for himself.

You could research that but you don't have an iota of non-partisan intellectual honesty so you won't bother. If Trump were to handle kids or women on camera like this scumbag the media would have him roasted alive.

Pictures like this of Biden are legion...the woman's face in the background says it all.
I'd beat the s*** outta the guy if he touched my daughter like this. Your too partisan and too damn lazy to actually research, but instead attack me like I"m the outrageous one. Watch this video....it looks like Coons and his wife want to flay this P*S.
http://memeguy.com/photos/images/un...t-the-swearing-in-ceremonies-today-153260.gif

Attachments

• B6vtx40IMAEcHJn.jpg
    B6vtx40IMAEcHJn.jpg
    44.2 KB · Views: 79
Last edited:
This lady looks comfortable....NOT. He continues to rub her shoulders like some perv.
Watch the vid.
Is that appropriate behavior in your world Fug's?

Attachments

• biden-creep-2.jpg
    biden-creep-2.jpg
    15.9 KB · Views: 70
Last edited:
This lady looks comfortable....NOT. He continues to rub her shoulders like some perv.
Watch the vid.
Is that appropriate behavior in your world Fug's?

Wow, you have gone round the bend! Whatdya say, Ed, Joe Biden a "perv"? How about you, Chosun, what's your opinion?

Looking for reinforcements, are we? You can't google this stuff (or view what I've provided) and make a principled decision that the guy is woefully out of bounds and downright perv in some cases?
I shouldn't be surprised. You guys thrive on double standards. It's why feminists won't call out Muslims for the despicable treatment of women.

What about Biden's description of Obama? the "first African American who is articulate, and clean and bright...." Seriously? You won't condemn that? Is that appropriate? To me that is a racist statement through and through.

G*d, the weakness and mindless devotion to party. Couldn't even imagine living like that.
At least I can acknowledge that many in the GOP are snakes and Trump needs to shut his mouth half the time.

Looking for reinforcements, are we?
Not at all, just curious to know what it takes to disabuse our friends of the notion that your paranoid outbursts are worth even cursory attention.

Turning to your "Biden is a perv" accusation, you have heard of psychological projection have you not?

Obama was "the first[!!] African American who is articulate, and clean etc."
Christ, you call yourself an "educated man" and can't even copy a simple one-line quotation without grossly distorting the meaning!

What's with the asterisk? Most people nowadays consider "God' a mild enough oath as to not require one. You're not a (white Protestant, of course) religious fanatic by any chance are you?

Oh, goodness gracious me, I've just gone and picked another nit! Shame, shame, shame. . ..

Last edited:
That's it? That's your response??

Avoided answering every question and won't condemn that behavior. Complete embarrassment.

WOW!! I just got back from big toe surgery, ... so I need distraction. None better than here. ;)

Lacking the necessary image interpretation skills, litebeam, I simply don't see anything untoward in the Biden pictures. So, what's obvious to you ain't obvious to me. I do admit that Bush's eagerness to massage Angela Merkel's back was rather humorous, but as with Biden I assume they were innocent expressions of comradery. I can't argue with you about college professors "dron[ing] on about the US being imperialist, fascist or racist" (not having been in a lecture hall for years), but the only argument that gets any traction with me is possibly the imperialist part based on 'economic interests,' — which we express as our "national interests."

Chosun, for the most part I agree with your sentiments (post #278), and applaud your unwillingness to "... join the chorus of hatred blindly condemning the man [Trump]." But I think there's an important distinction to be made between blind vs. informed condemnation. How many in the "chorus" are blind to the facts? In my judgment there is ample evidence that an unprincipled and self-serving man has gained the presidency, one who openly admires and defends tyrants; ones he has done business with in the past. By no means do I believe he's an idiot, however, which qualifies him as a more dangerous threat to our democracy and value system than any leader in our Nation's history. I'll spare the emotion and avoid a rehash of the evidence, but that's my assessment. Notice that I'm not necessarily supporting everything Obama did in office, or anything Hillary might have done, because in several respects I agree with their critics.

Oh, my achin' toe ... did that man just increase our military presence in Afghanistan by 50% and also encourage India to cross swords with Pakistan as well?

Ed

Last edited:
By no means do I believe he's an idiot, however, which qualifies him as a more dangerous threat to our democracy and value system than any leader in our nation's history.

Not an idiot, no, too strong a term, but definitely cognitively impaired, witness his minute attention span and his inability to master policy details (or even the broad outlines of policy). I don't know if he was always this way or whether he's in the early stages of dementia. In either case, he's clearly unfit to govern on cognitive grounds alone. He's also unfit in many other ways, of course: his lack of impulse control and absurdly thin skin; his authoritarian tendencies, habitual lying and corrupt dealings; and above all his neediness and willingness to say or do almost anything to garner the adulation of his besotted base. It's these psychological and character deficits, it seems to me, that really make him dangerous.

Lightbeam,

Going back to #280 you say:
... Trump's biggest problems are his mouth and his ego. Obama proved that one can be pretty aloof and thrive in the White House, the guy showed up every day at 10:30 am, unlike Bush who started each morning at 5:00.
Most knew that DJT was a blowhard when they elected him, and while the media have pounded relentlessly, his support has not waned to the extent the media hopes you will believe. Believe them at your peril. And I used similar words prior to election day to the hilarity of Fugl and others.

In the big picture, I don't care either way; and I've stated this before. My personal hope with DJT has always been the long game, the SCOTUS. And in that, Trump has proven to be an ally. Hopefully that will continue with another strict constitutionalist pick, either for Kennedy or Ginsburg; ....

Might you modify your first statement based on this <interview with Obama?> Work schedules differ. Mine is 10am to 2am. What's the factual basis for your assertion?

Based on the last paragraph I take it that to your mind big-mouth, blowhard, egotistical Trump is simply a convenient tool to stack a highly conservative SCOTUS. The 'long game" as it were. Actually, Trump had nothing to do with Neil Gorsuch, whom he nominated. That "honor" goes to Mitch McConnell who betrayed his oath to uphold the Constitution, and took it upon himself to stall Obama's nominee for the better part of a year. Good for the goose, good for the gander I say. It is now entirely proper for the next Democratic Senate majority leader to delay Trump/Pence nominees until the public has a chance to vote in the 2020 elections. That delay might be as long as two years, but who's counting? I guess we agree on the long game, but my concern is that Democrats will have the guts to use that power when they get it.

Ed

Last edited:
Apparently it's the 2nd hottest July?

According to the article, yes, 2nd in overall temperature, but the hottest month for land temperature "ever" (i. e., since 1880 when the records begin). [In northern Nevada, it was a ridiculously hot July, temperatures approaching Las Vegas levels in a "normal" year.]

Last edited:
Here are the annual global land and sea surface temperatures between Jan 2013 and June 2017. The data were obtained from spreadsheets that GISS publishes annually, and are expressed as "anomalies" from the corresponding 1951-1980 means.

The month being discussed is July, 2017, and it was the hottest of the five years shown — but, here it doesn't look particularly remarkable. However, Jan., Feb., Mar., April, and June were all lower than 2016, but was the public informed that the earth was cooling.? No! Also note that over the 4.5 yr. period the temp. values had a total range of about 1 degree, and that the so-called "hottest [calendar] year on record" of 2016 was due to an unusual hot cycle that began in July 2015 and abated by June 2016. Thereafter, it was not particularly remarkable.

Ed

* Graph taken from attached article by Dale Leuck, who, like me, is an experienced time-series analyst.

Attachments

• #Land & Sea Surface Temp. 2013 - 2017.jpg
    #Land & Sea Surface Temp. 2013 - 2017.jpg
    177.1 KB · Views: 50
  • Hottest Year on Record.pdf
    338.9 KB · Views: 62
Last edited:
. . .However, Jan., Feb., Mar., April, and June were all lower than 2016, but was the public informed that the earth was cooling.? No!

So, you're now disputing not just the causes of the cooling but the fact of it as well?

[As an aside, I think you'd get more traction for your views if you could make yourself let go of the conspiracy theories. And, c'mon, Principia Scientifica & American Thinker!!]

Last edited:
"Stupid" is apropos.

The NYT is a biased outhouse rag and will never inform the public of anything that doesn't fit their narrative. Their MO is the same as yours, Fugs; advance the Progressive ideal, demonize all others.
Political hacks.
And your rampant hypocrisy and endless whining here is embarrassing.

But I confess it is often enjoyable, just knowing how much you loathe President Trump makes it all worthwhile. We're barely 1/5th into his first term.

Attachments

• images.duckduckgo.com.jpeg
    images.duckduckgo.com.jpeg
    5 KB · Views: 53
Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back