• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Lumix - Panasonic (1 Viewer)

Lawts

Supa Silly Un
Anyone had a go at digiscoping with this camera? I think it's a Panasonic. I just caught the end of an advert the other night which said it has a 10X optical zoom.

Anyone had a go at digiscoping with this camera? I think it's a Panasonic. I just caught the end of an advert the other night which said it has a 10X optical zoom.

I've used the TZ3 (10x) with my opticron ES80 and HDF zoom (the camera lens fits perfectly into the eye cup!). Nothing fancy, just hand held for record shots and it works fine for that. I probably could improve the piccies it if I really tried. However, there is no manual setting which makes it less versatile than others.

Perry

I've used the TZ3 (10x) with my opticron ES80 and HDF zoom (the camera lens fits perfectly into the eye cup!). Nothing fancy, just hand held for record shots and it works fine for that. I probably could improve the piccies it if I really tried. However, there is no manual setting which makes it less versatile than others.

Perry
Perry

Interested that the TZ3 fits into the eye piece. There is now the TZ5 or the one I am looking at at present is the FX500 which can go into manual mode. Anyone out there who is using the smaller Lumix cameras for digiscoping, do they work.

Bob

Lumix DMC-FS3

I am fairly new to bird photography (about 8 months) and only very recently purchased an inexpensive spotting scope and a Lumix DMC-FS3 - also low end with 8 megapixels and 3X optical zoom - Leica lens and image stabilisation however which is what attracted me. After a couple of sessions and experimenting with settings I managed to get the camera to auto-focus quite well to get reasonable pics|=)||=)|. Need to keep trying and experimenting however to improve quality still further.

Cheers

Tich

Not a small camera, But I use the FZ50 with good success. No connection problems, just an adapter ring to suit the Williams Optics DCL-52 eyepiece. Ernie

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back